Monday, March 30, 2009

Bonjour Babies!



























I adore these kiddos to the core.
Spent a week with them in St. Barths.
Photographed their every move, and still couldn't seem to get enough.
I loved seeing the progress of their comfort with the camera. 
I think I got the most honest portraits on the last day.

I've always been fascinated by how the camera effects the your actions and your actions effect the camera...even when there is no camera around.
As for me? I think in pictures. 
But I am also acutely aware that I cannot substitute living in the moment, for living through the image. 
Therefore I strive to photograph what is real. What is really happening, at least in my eyes. Don't freeze for me, don't pause. Live in the moment. And i'll make sure to freeze it forever.

Some interesting photographer/subject/camera relationships...

No comments:

Post a Comment