Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Elissa & Joshua-Lower East Side

I'm SO EXCITED to share this wedding with you. Elissa and Joshua got married at the absolutely gorgeous Angel Orensanz Foundation on the Lower East Side a few weeks ago. Wow. They are both event planners so needless to say, they know how to make it happen! I would follow them blindfolded into the forest. C'mon...she had an outfit change! Perfection.

But the most amazing thing they dressed the space with was their love for each other and their families. Honestly, it was breathtaking. The way they both looked at each other as Elissa slowly walked down the aisle (to Cat Power no less)...i mean seriously, sometimes i feel like my job takes me to the movie theater of the best love stories ever written. Only instead of sitting in the theater with a box of popcorn, i'm there with a camera (or 2 or 3) witnessing it all live, putting it in a time capsule for generations to come.

Thank you Elissa and Joshua for inviting Andrew and I to document your day. It was truly a pleasure. Hope you are having a great time in Bali.

(and sorry for so many pictures, but honestly, i cant wittle it down any more!)

xxx

elissaandjosh_1

elissaandjosh_2

elissaandjosh_3

elissaandjosh_4

elissaandjosh_5

elissaandjosh_6

elissaandjosh_7

elissaandjosh_8

elissaandjosh_9

elissaandjosh_10

elissaandjosh_11

elissaandjosh_12

elissaandjosh_13

elissaandjosh_14

elissaandjosh_15

Elissa is part of the Mermaid Parade in Coney Island. Some of her fellow Mermaids put on an amazing performance for her.

elissaandjosh_16

elissaandjosh_17

1 comment:

  1. No wonder you couldn't whittle down the photos! You do such amaaaaazing work, I wouldn't be able to whittle them down, either!! More is always better when it comes to your photography and I'm not just saying this because I'm your mom!! I am so unbelievably proud of your masterpieces!! And the best part for me, as a fellow writer, is reading your incredibly beautiful words for each event you do!! Your "job takes you to the movie theaters of the best love stories ever written." I mean, really, how BEAUTIFUL is that??? I always tear up when I see your photos and read your words. You, my darling daughter, have a true gift!!

    ReplyDelete